The Francigena Road: walk in the history among monks and pilgrims
Quando: 13 maggio 10.00 h
On April 1st, 15th, 25th and on May 1st, 13th, 20th 2012, „Monteriggioni AD 1213” and „Associazione Agresto” of Monteriggioni invite you to a laisure walk through the Francigena road, entertained by characters in costumes.
The Abbot of Isola will give the start to the journey in the past. He will open the doors of his magnificent monastery , full of art and history, tied tot he Francigena Road since its origins.
Later a pilgrim will tell you the story of his travel to Rome, and you’ll move to Monteriggioni walking over a piece of Francigena road, with its suggestions and its wonderful landascapes.
The garrison’s captain will wait for you arrival proudly. In Monteriggioni he’ll make you live the emotion of the guard to the town walls and the dressing of a knight inside the armour museum.
• Leaving at 10 am from Abbadia Isola church
• to start the journey a minimum of 15 adults is required
• Reservation within 2 days before each event
• Rates: full price € 20; children from 7 to 11 € 5; free for children between 0 and 6
• Participants can also take part to the event wearing medieval costumes (on reservation only; costume rental without shoes: adults € 15, children € 10; meeting at Abbadia Isola church one hour before the event to get the costume)
• Journey on foot: ministerial Francigena itinerary from Abbadia Isola to Monteriggioni with possible little changes; about 4 km on white roads; difficulty •••••
• Duration: about 2 hours and 15 minutes
• At the end of the event free shuttle service to Abbadia isola (for drivers only)
Organizers reserve the right to cancel the single event if the minimum number of participants won’t be reached.
Organizers are not responsible for any damages to people, things and animals that could occur befor, during and after the events.
IT’S POSSIBLE TO ORGANIZE PERSONALIZED EVENTS FOR GROUPS, TRAVEL AGENCIES, STUDENTS, AND INDIVIDUALS ON REQUEST, ARRANGING THE DATE, THE LANGUAGE, THE NUMBER OF CHARACTERS IN COSTUMES AND THE LENGHT OF THE ITINERARY.
Info e prenotazioni:
Ufficio Turistico di Monteriggioni (SI)
EventList powered by schlu.net